Sunday, January 25, 2009

I'm a Writer (at heart)

There's really only one way to start this blog out, and that's with an explanation of why I was motivated to create it in the first place.
For that, we need to go back to a conversation I recently had with a good friend. We were discussing identity and the notion of a "calling." Are we meant to be doing the things we're doing, or did we just happen into our careers on our way to wherever we're supposed to end up.
I thought about this a long time, and admitted what I really do believe deep deep down -- that I'm supposed to be a writer.
But I'm not.
And I don't know how to make the leap into writing.
My friend, in her infinite wisdom, looked at me like I'd grown another head.
"You're overthinking this, C," she informed me, tapping her fingernails on the table, "Just write!"

So that's what I'm doing here. Just writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment